I'm going to piece together a short video for The D.E.'s Behind the Press blog but I thought I'd put some cool shots on my blog too.
It was an impressive sight. The press itself is three stories tall and is such a complicated piece of machinery that when it breaks down they have to call some Swiss dude and fly him in because there are no American machinists qualified to work on the bad boy.

That's The Daily Evergreen as it zips to the end of the line to be cut into individual papers.

This is called a splice. It's what happens when the paper coming off a blank roll snaps in two. Apparently it's not good because after it happened there was a lot of yelling and running around.

This is one of the tables where the guys pull samples from the line to check that the color and text is adjusted correctly.

And this is the end product! That's one good-lookin' paper rite thar.
This is cool :)
ReplyDelete