I'll smile like an idiot at the most common of things. I smile because I know there's a lot of things quintessentially WSU, stuff you take for granted when you're here, but things you won't see once you leave town.
But on the other hand there's a lot of stuff that I won't miss one little bit.
So here's my list:
Miss: A Munchy'z hot dog after a hard night of partying.The charred dog, the toasty bun, the grilled onions. And don't forget the thing that brings it home ... cream cheese. The ultimate drunk munchy, these dogs have saved my life. Many was the time I've eaten a dog, sobered up and decided that perhaps calling that football player a "big dumb ape who can't score a touchdown" was a bad idea. Thanks Munchy'z!
Won't miss: Douchey bros who can't hold their liquor.I don't think this one requires much explanation. If you've lived in a college town, any college town, you know exactly who I'm talking about.
Always sporting the latest trends (trucker hats, Johnny Knoxville aviators, popped collars) you can spot them from a mile away. But add booze and they grow into super-douches, like Mario eating a mushroom on Super NES, they become overpowering. If you beat them they have a hundred douche friends to back them up and if you don't they will make you wish you did ... There's no winning.
Miss: Wing night.
There was life. And then there was life after wing night.
In my opinion The ZZU has the best in town but every bar has their own spin on this classic finger food. Wednesday nights is wing night in Pullman and no matter where you go you'll find long lines of people waiting to get their grub on. I'm usually at the front of one of those lines.
Won't miss: Getting tickets from WSU parking.

My ex-roommate used to work for WSU Parking and Transportation. He said they call my truck "The Gray Ghost." I've been dodging the campus meter maids for two and half years.
I never could bring myself to pay $250 for a parking pass that meant I'd still have to walk 15 minutes to get to class. So I decided to stick it to the man.
When I first got to WSU I was on crutches so I could park wherever I wanted. Once I lost my handicap credentials I had to get creative ...
Miss: Love notes from my girlfriend.She'll probably still leave them on my truck after we're out of Pullman but it's still nice to come out of my apartment building to find a note from my "secret admirer."
Lol @ the parking ticket story... I had "The Red Baron" on campus... an '88 Buick Regal, maroon red. 30 minute parking, the hall coordinator's second spot (really, they don't need 2 spots), service parking, motorcycle parking... I went all out. As soon as I got my new car, though, I've been a little more cautious.
ReplyDeleteAnd now I'm hungry for a good hot dog...
-Nic
http://themusicplaysyou.wordpress.com
Josh Gray SMU....the brown truck with hundreds of tickets...lol
ReplyDelete