From time to time I like to read Craigslist Rants and Raves because it gives a good rough sketch of what people in your community value and are thinking about. Usually it's just stuff like: "I hate bad drivers!"
But the other day I read this and my jaw dropped. That's me. That's the way I drive to work. And my truck is dark and dented (gotta get that fixed). But I definitely remember that.
Anyway, here's the text:
"This morning has not been the best morning. However, on my way to work a man looked at me and gave me an innocent, kind smile, that brightened my mood. I just wanted to say thank you to whoever you are. At the stop light in front of Jack in the Box in a dark colored truck with a dent on the side. Its amazing how a random smile can make your whole morning turn around. Thank you!"
I remember smiling at a very dejected-looking woman and it looked as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders.
It wasn't even a grin – just a simple smile.
I was amazed and flattered when I read this because lately I've been trying to smile more. And it works! I brightened someone's day. That, in turn, brightened my whole week.
How awesome is that! It's so true that something as simple as a smile can change someone's day. Keep smiling my friend!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! That is awesome! I definitely do my fair share of reading craigslist as well. I love the missed connections. :)
ReplyDelete