Thursday, December 23, 2010

Marketing and such...



So ... I recently made the move to marketing. Or, as hardcore journos would put it, I made "the move to the dark side."

But hey, it's more fun, more creative and more lucrative – so goodbye print. And hellooooo new media!

Anyway, one of my clients is Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort and one of the things I've been tasked with is promoting a hip, youthful atmosphere for the mountain.

And this is one way to go about that. See, I get up at 3 a.m. to do the morning snow report – I ride a snow mobile, record snow levels, update websites, send a mas e-mail, texts and record for the radio but when it comes to Facebook, video and the website I suggested we have a pretty girl do it.

See, I am a firm proponent of the "pretty girl garners more attention" school of thought. So we snagged Alex from the Mission Ridge ski team and I think she preforms quite nicely. She is a former ski model and sponsored by Rossignol after all...

But I can't take credit for the video production – that was fellow Coug alum and video BAMF Nick Winters.

The campaign's only in its second week now and I think we're gonna do great things this season. I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment