Friday, February 19, 2010

Follower Friday: 5 cool tweeters


This is a new segment I came up with to expand a bit on Twitter's Follower Friday, where people Tweet the handles of interesting/notable people they follow.

I promote a few people every Friday but with 140 characters, it's hard to explain WHY I follow who I do. So my solution is to pick five people I follow every Friday and tell you why.

So here it goes:

1. @by_simone: This 20 something blogger hails from Toronto. Her blog, Skinny Dip, is girly but simple, funny, interesting and pretty to boot. She writes about work, life, sex, "Jersey Shore" and makeup. Not all the posts resonate with me (referring to the face paints/Snooki). But for a good example check out this funny post titled "Men's underwear 101."



2.@mikebodge: This young New Yorker is a web page designer, blogger, photographer and foodie who really seems to have a thing for Asian chicks. His blog, delete.yourself, is HILARIOUS and I must confess I occasionally steal photos from it to post here. He blogs about three things: his dog, food and hot chicks. It is awesome.



3. @piAfterDark: This is one of the Seattle PI's Twitter accounts and its main focus is to Tweet about the PI After Dark blog that covers culture, entertainment, music and art in Seattle. I haven't been following it for long, I started while they were covering the Sasquatch 2010 lineup the other night, but all the tweets are interesting and usually link to cool stuff.



4. @CaptainCrip: Captain Crip is none other than my good friend and Murrow College grad Tom Haig. Tom is living and teaching in Tibet at the moment, instructing high schoolers in the art of broadcast media. He became paralyzed from the waist down in a bike accident and the title of his blog is from a sketch we wrote for Cable 8 about a paraplegic super hero who's sidekick was super hot. I love his blog because the photos of the Himalayans are gorgeous – just amazing.







5. @shakeitgloria: I wanted to include someone local and Gloria is one of Pullman's(/world's) most awesome tweeters. The thing I love about Twitter is that if you're real and creative your voice can come through in 140 characters and her voice comes through clear as a bell. She's delightfully trashy and doesn't take no shit from anyone. She tweets about smoking, working, drinking and boys and I ALWAYS enjoy seeing what she's got to say when she pops up on my feed.






So those are five of MY favorite tweeters. What are some of YOURS?

(Also, thanks to Liz in Limbo for permission to use your graphic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment