Thursday, February 18, 2010

TMI Thursday: I can't get enough of J.T.

Those of you who know me know that I'm a music snob. Have been ever since I could remember.

In high school I made a point to boycott boy bands.

At lunchtime in the parking lot I blasted Bob Seger's "Roll Me Away" over the effeminate vocal straining of the Backstreet Boys. I cranked The Rollinstones' "Sticky Fingers" every time I heard 'N SYNC. Springsteen's "Johnny 99" saved me from more than a few instances of Christina Aguilera strangling a cat onto a track.

Rock became the embodiment of my rebellion against my little town, my peers and the fascist Christian teachers trying to convince us that dinosaur bones are "just something the Jews buried."

Somehow, pop became the representation of all that I loathed about high school. I vowed to ALWAYS hate it.

Fast forward to today and there's a good chance you can catch me jamming out on my iPod, singing along to Justin Timberlake's "Senorita" when no one else is on the bus. If I'm tipsy at a party and you're not paying attention, I might slip "Sexy Back" into your party mix. Srly.

I totally into J.T. – I admit it. I own his CD's. I watched his HBO special, gave it repeat viewings in fact. (And I'm not going to go into this but there may or may not have been some sick dance moves going down in my living room during that concert.)

So yeah, that's my confession. I'm a member of the J.T. fan club. Can't help myself. I thought I was out but pop pulled. me. back. in.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, anyone who says they aren't? Is TOTALLY lying!!!

    Don't forget to link back to the TMI Thursday hub so I can link you! :-)

    ReplyDelete