
Last night I almost ate, well drank, a spider.
I usually keep a glass of water next to my bed because I get thirsty at night. So, last night about 3 a.m. I go to take a drink of water and finish the glass. As I do I feel something (not water) in my mouth.
It was small, and kind of hard. It was then that I feared the worst ...
I spit it out into my hand and began to examine the mysterious, and slightly hairy, contents of my mouth. In my mind I was thinking to myself, "Oh, no ... no, no, no. Maybe its a fly, please let it be a fly."
But it was not a fly. I soon found that out because the waterlogged little bastard that crawled into my glass of water uncurled in a most spider-like fashion, which repulsed and creeped me out so I dropped him onto the bed.
He made a break for it. I couldn't let him escape.
He ended up a wet, crushed, twitching pile of legs and eyeballs.
I sat on the edge of my bed for a a while, grossed-out and thinking about that thing I read one time about how the average American eats like a pound of bugs every year. This is how it must happen.
Today, I'm getting bug bombs for my apartment.
we had a spider problem last summer, and i found out pouring beer on them doesn't stop them at all.
ReplyDeletegood story, though!